There are six basic steps to adopting a child which lives in a Hague Convention Country:
1) choose an accredited agency,
2) apply for a determination of eligibility to adopt,
3) receive a referral for a specific child,
4) apply for the child’s eligibility to immigrate,
5) officially bring the child into your family, and
6) obtain the child’s appropriate visa.
All adoptions that take place from a Hague Convention Country must be processed through an accredited organization or individual. Currently there are three accredited adoption agencies in Alabama: Lifeline Children’s Services, Children of the World, Inc., and Villa Hope International Adoptions.
For a complete listing of all accredited agencies and providers visit: http://adoption.state.gov/hague_convention/agency_accreditation/agency_search.php.
The Adoption Law Firm will walk you through the legal process of adopting a child that lives in a Hague Convention Country; we will also help guide you in deciding which adoption agency is the best fit for you and your family.
Contact The Adoption Law Firm today for more information.