The Adoption Law Firm’s “Statement of First Orphan Care Principles”:
1. Orphan care is good because it is good (i.e., self-evidently good); and
2. Orphan care is good because God is inherently good and he is a “Father of the fatherless” (Psalms 68:5); and
3. Orphan care is good because God requires it of us (James 1:27); and
4. Orphan care is good because the orphan is our neighbor, and our Creator requires us to love our neighbor (Luke 10:25-37); and
5. Orphan care is good because it is a means of Christian world conquest (Matthew 28:18-20); and
6. Adoption, as a means of Christian obedience to “visiting orphans . . . in their affliction” (James 1:27), holds a special place of brilliance among the options of appropriate application, because of a) its analog to our spiritual adoption offered in the Gospel (Ephesians 1:5), b) its promotion of the opportunity for multiplying “godly seed” (Malachi 2, Psalm 127, Genesis 1), c) the unparallelled opportunity for life-on-life discipleship (Matthew 28), and d) its unique ability to remove a child’s legal status as “orphan.”
Photo by DVIDSHUB.