There are six basic steps to adopting a child which lives in a Hague Convention Country:
- choose an accredited agency,
- apply for a determination of eligibility to adopt,
- receive a referral for a specific child,
- apply for the child’s eligibility to immigrate,
- officially bring the child into your family, and
- obtain the child’s appropriate visa.
All adoptions that take place from a Hague Convention Country must be processed through an accredited organization or individual. Currently there are three accredited adoption agencies in Alabama: Lifeline Children’s Services, Children of the World, Inc., and Villa Hope International Adoptions.
For a complete listing of all accredited agencies and providers visit: http://adoption.state.gov/hague_convention/agency_accreditation/agency_search.php.
The Adoption Law Firm will walk you through the legal process of adopting a child that lives in a Hague Convention Country; we will also help guide you in deciding which adoption agency is the best fit for you and your family.
Contact The Adoption Law Firm today for more information.